Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 30 Antworten
und wurde 2.353 mal aufgerufen
 English Board
Seiten 1 | 2
Sauron Offline

Interessierter

30.01.2005 01:02
Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

A Request to the English speaking Forum Members: Please introduce yourself. I think, its in the Interest of all other Members. Please tell us somethink about you. Also tell us, for Example, how do you take notice of the Band "Dorn".

Karl Dorn Offline

03.02.2005 19:36
#2 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Karl Dorn
Found the band doing a Goggle search on my Name!!!

NightShade Offline

26.04.2005 05:19
#3 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

My name Stevos.... downloaded Dorn Latest Album On Esel Metal And I Fucken Loved It!!!!! But here in canada i can't Buy The Cd....:(....When i wanted to order it .....it said it was out of order.....

DORN_Roberto Offline

DORN-Groupie

27.04.2005 22:34
#4 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

well, thats terrible, plz visit http://www.ccprecords.com.

this is our label, they have a mailorder. and they send worldwide. plz contact them to order ur dorn albums, or ish!

u will see, it works!

:-)

TT

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

15.08.2005 08:48
#5 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi. I am a new fan from Florida, USA. When I ordered Sunterra's new CD from CCP, they sent me "The Hour of Scare #2" compilation CD. Then I heard your song and I wanted to hear more songs. Since none of your CDs are available here, I ordered all 4 CDs from CCP! I like all of them! Metalheads here don't know what they are missing - All we hear on the radio are the same songs by Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, System of a Down and Metallica over and over...

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

15.08.2005 09:01
#6 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

so hello mosh.
yes, its a real mess that we dont get promoted in america but anyway, it feals great when we here some guys listen to us.
welcome to the dorn-forum...
ps: you hear the same stuff at the radio as we do

--
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

DORN_Roberto Offline

DORN-Groupie

15.08.2005 13:05
#7 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

woot, welcom mosh:-)

TT

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

19.08.2005 01:33
#8 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for writing back I've been listening to your CDs almost every day. The more I listen, the greater they sound!

I didn't know German radio stations played the same bands/songs as the ones in the USA. Do you get airplay on the radio in Germany?

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

22.08.2005 09:21
#9 RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

airplay? *lol* never...
i know a local radio-station that has a 2-hour-metal-show every sunday. i know theyed played us once but all in all i think we're getting played... öhm... about... 1 song per year on some local radiostations

--

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

18.09.2005 11:29
#10 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for answering my questions once again. Sorry I've been away for 1 month. I still listen to your music a lot. I was in Japan for a while, but your CDs traveled with me and I listened to your songs while I was there. I recommended DORN to some metalheads in Japan. They really liked the song samples on your website. They said they will try to order the CDs. I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I'm originally from Japan, so now you have some Japanese fans also.

German radio stations don't play your songs either? That's just too sad that the DJ on metal program there played your song once! We have a metal show on local college radio once a week for 3 hours in Orlando, Florida also. I wanted to request your songs, but I knew the DJ wouldn't have DORN on the playlist.

Holger Offline

Labertasche

19.09.2005 12:04
#11 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Mosh,

Dorn are a underground Band. In metal clubs they are playing most powermetal, like Metallica, System of a down and so on.
Second thing is, that blackmetal has a very bad taste. Some bands, NOT Dorn, like Burzum, dark funeral, mayhem are very strange in their lyrics and political taste... No DJ play these bands because they are angry of the reaction from guests...

- - -
Man sollte die Dinge so nehmen, wie Sie kommen.
Aber man sollte auch dafür sorgen, dass sie so kommen wie man sie möchte.
Curt Götz, dt. Schriftsteller 1888 - 1960

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

21.09.2005 06:23
#12 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the post and answering why DORN doesn't get airplay. I didn't know censorship was just as bad in Germany. Here in the USA, they censor everything on TV and radio. If the songs have 4 letter words in English starting with F or S, TV/radio stations can't air them before 10 PM.

I was surprised to hear that even the Metal club DJs play only mainstream power metal in Germany. Even though it’s only once a week on the college radio, the metal DJ here plays underground metal including black metal. You can check out our local DJ’s website. (can listen to past shows also.) Zombierage is pretty cool. http://www.zombierage.com/
But that’s all we have besides mainstream radio stations- and I always find myself wanting to hear more new, interesting great music from around the world.

But just like in Germany, most metal listeners here don’t like the idea of having anything to do with black metal either. I like some black metal bands like Dimmu Borgir, but I am worried a bit that if I ever get killed in a gruesome car accident while listening to their CD, the news media may report that the evil force may have had something to do with my death.... Haha... just kidding.

Holger Offline

Labertasche

23.09.2005 09:29
#13 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Mosh,

Germany has two big TV Stations who are playing Metal, MTV and Viva. About ~10 Years ago, these stations had a good taste of metal.
Headbangersball on mtv was an great show... These station are under control of an us tv station now.
No more metal, ok mainstream a little...
I am very sad about this.
But, sex sells like the hip hop, rap thing. Naked girls dancing over the tv, commercials of rings, yeah thats the thing who sells...

- - -

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

24.09.2005 13:56
#14 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten
hey mosh

i think we have _far_ less censorship than america but we sure have some, yes ;-(
more then censorship we have lobbiism here (dont know if such a word exists, ask if you dont understand).

thanks for doing some commercial in japan *g

--

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

24.09.2005 13:59
#15 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

even here in the capital of germany (berlin) we only have very few pure-metal-clubs. more ebm/darkwave clubs. one metal-club quitted last year or so and there is no real alternative to it ;-(
so metal at all is not played much in clubs

--

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

06.10.2005 03:35
#16 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Micha & Holger

Thanks for explaining about the metal scene situation in Germany. Rap & Hip Hop is terrible. I never got it. I know sex sells, but now they are glorifying life in prison. Kids here dress like people in rap music video. Finally Headbangers Ball is back on MTV. Watched it a couple of times, but it's so mainstream - they had Motley Crue and Velvet Revolver as guests.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean by lobbiism - maybe "political correctness"? We have that here big time. The metal DJ here almost got arrested 2 weeks ago for wearing an offensive T-shirt on his way to the radio station. (It's so offensive to Christians I can't post what the shirt said.)

Metal clubs dissapeared in the 90's here. Now the metal bands play at local pubs, House of Blues and Hard Rock Cafe. I just went to Chicago for Windy City Invitational show last weekend. http://www.windycityinvitational.com (Kittie canceled, Macabre headlined)
It was at a local venue, but the attendence was horrible. There were more band members than paying audience. I went to the show mainly to see Leaves' Eyes and Atrocity, but I felt bad that they flew all the way from Germany. (I'm also a fan of Leaves' Eyes) One day I'd like to see DORN's live show too. I guess I'd have to travel to Germany to see you guys play.

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

06.10.2005 08:55
#17 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
maybe "political correctness"

actually i meant "making opinions" that is media (newspapers, tv-station,...) that has to be objectively intentionelly try to soread there opinions to the audience.

In Antwort auf:
The metal DJ here almost got arrested 2 weeks ago for wearing an offensive T-shirt

*lol* arrested for doing what? what was the reproach?
people here were shirts with "jesus is a cunt" or "fuck me jesus" (both in english) and really nobody gives a damn about it

In Antwort auf:
I guess I'd have to travel to Germany to see you guys play

i fear you have to do that, yes, unless we get rich and famous ;-)

--

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

08.10.2005 09:53
#18 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Micha

I was way off about what you meant by lobbiism! Thanks for explaining.

The DJ didn't actually get arrested. He was initially pulled over by the police for speeding. But when the policemen saw the Jesus T-shirt, they searched his car and made him do all kinds of sobriety tests. He said that he felt the policemen really wanted to get him for something, but since they couldn't find anything, they had to let him go. The shirt said "Jesus was a homosexual". That must have been really offending to the policemen. Over here, people try to read everything on T-shirts even if it's not offensive at all.

I see that DORN now have T-shirts! I want one too. And it's a good thing that the writing is in German so that most Americans wouldn't bother trying to read it unless they can read German.

When you have a live show in Berlin or Munich or Frankfurt, I might actually go see you guys play. (because flights from USA land in those 3 cities) Then I hope you are going to be selling your T-shirts at the show.

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

08.10.2005 16:48
#19 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

*lol*
we DO have live shows in berlin. i think at least 2 shows are comming up this year. *g
check out the "Gigs & Co"-section for the dates.
of course i would send you a shirt to the us if you want to, but i dont know how much packaging and sending would be but. i you want to, i can check it out.
do you know what the sign on the back means?

arrghh... writing in english is terrible. hope you got me

--

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

09.10.2005 02:45
#20 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Wow. 2 gigs in Berlin! I would definitely look into going to the one on 08.12.05. November gig may be too soon for my budget...

But in case I can't make it Berlin, please tell me how much it would be for shipping the shirts to the USA. I will probably order 2 T-shirts. (1 Girly M and 1 Large) And do you have a Paypal account (or something similar) to accept payment from outside Germany? It makes it easy for me, but bank transfer is also OK.

I think I know what it says on the back of the shirt... "How deep is your dark egos?" I hope I'm close. I've been studying German, but I'm not confident to post messages or have conversation in German yet. Maybe I will start posting in German soon, but please excuse my grammer mistakes.

Holger Offline

Labertasche

10.10.2005 08:44
#21 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Maybe I will start posting in German soon, but please excuse my grammer mistakes.

Hi Mosh,
so bad as my english? I don't think so !!
Try it! It's the best way to learn.
Looking forward your next posting in german.

- - -

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

10.10.2005 09:33
#22 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

In Antwort auf:
I would definitely look into going to the one on 08.12.05. November gig may be too soon for my budget...

wow... really? you want to come from america to see one single dorn-show? tell us, if you really do this

--

mosh Offline

Ernsthafter

10.10.2005 21:24
#23 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Holger & Micha

Thanks for encouraging me to post in German. I will try very soon. For me it's still hard to remember the gender of words in German. Your English is very good, Holger. I wish I can write as good as you in German.

I don't mind traveling long distance to see the bands I like. So yes, I'm going to travel to Berlin just to see DORN! (My husband will come along too.. He likes DORN also.) But to make our trip worthwhile, we will probably go see Atrocity/Leaves'Eyes again either in Switzerland or Germany, and visit our friends in Slovenia for a few days, then see "naio ssaion" live concert probably in Hamburg. (naio ssaion just had a concert in Berlin on 24 September. Our American friend in Slovenia is an engineer for the band. http://www.naiossaion.com) It's time to start saving $$$ for the trip!

DORN_Micha Offline

DORN-Abhängiger

10.10.2005 22:32
#24 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

let us know if you can make it to one of our gigs, maybe we can drink some beer together or something like that...

if not, shipping for 2 shirts would be 7 euro but it highly depends. if 2 shirts in one envelope is to big for a german-standard-letter, i have to send 2 letters and everyone would 7 euro ;-(
yes, the german post is a highly sophisticated firm... ;-(
but maybe in this worst-case we can do a "speciel agreement" for shipping more than 1 shirt in countries far far away.
just come to our show and buy one or if thats not possible just calculate about 37 eur for 2 shirts.

i dont have a paypal-accout (whats this?) just a regular bank-account but you can send money to that accound online when i tell you the numbers like "iban" and so on

--

Holger Offline

Labertasche

11.10.2005 08:45
#25 RE: RE:Foreign Members, please introduce yourself ! Zitat · Antworten

Hi Mosh !
Nice words you write to me, but I know that my english sucks anyway...

Respect! You are travel to Europa to see Metalbands!!! Every band must be very very very proud of such BIG Fans !!!
Promise me, Micha and the hole band make a great Show and aftershow party for you, I think !!!
Take care

- - -

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz